Coping with an Unexpected Death
When you go through the tragedy of an unexpected or wrongful death of someone you love, picking up the pieces can be a very traumatic and emotional experience. Along with facing the tragic loss of a loved one, you are left with a tremendous financial burden and the difficulties of legal procedures.
Wrongful Death Cases
In times of grief, family members are often unable to appreciate the importance of a prompt investigation of the circumstances of the passing, as well as the preservation of evidence. These matters are extremely important in determining how and why the wrongful death incident occurred as well as identifying the persons legally responsible for the incident. Some types of cases which often call for an attorney include:
- Drownings (swimming, water sports, boating incidents)
- Incident occurring during a supervised activity (field trip, sports tournament, etc.)
- Assisted living and nursing home neglect or abuse resulting in death
- Workplace accidents (hazardous conditions, exposure to asbestos, etc.)
Do You Need a Lawyer?
The time following the loss of a loved one can be intimidating and chaotic. That is why we work to make this difficult time easier by walking you through the process step by step. All we need before you can file a claim is:
- Proof of passing (death certificate signed by a coroner)
- Evidence that another party is responsible for the passing
- Proof that the family is suffering emotional, traumatic, and/or economic trauma
Contact your Local Attorney
Pursuing action upon the incident will not bring your loved one back to you, but it will ensure that you and your family will have increased financial security in the years to come. Our Sacramento wrongful death lawyers and staff care about our clients as individuals and want to make sure you have the support you need during and after the legal issues are resolved. Let us take care of this important matter for you family.